The meeting of the Eclectic Visions participants will take place at 5:30 PM on May 10 at the Church of Latter Days Saints. This is the same night as our regular meeting. Bring your own food and drink and enjoy "dinner" as we talk. By having the meeting the same night, we are reducing our meeting evenings to one. We will meet for an hour plus and then take a break between meetings. The regular meeting will start at 7 PM. Also by having a 5:30 PM meeting, those who do not drive at night may still attend.
As of tonight, 17 members have signed up. The majority have said that $75 is their limit. At $75, we need between 25 and 26 participants in order to pay for the three rooms and cover the publicity and reception expenses.
Here are some options (and I am open to other suggestions)
1. Nine more members decide to participate.
2. We reduce the rooms to one. This will get us below $75 each as we will also reduce our publicity and reception expenses. If we have two rooms for two weeks, we would have no funds for publicity or the reception.
3. We can reduce the length of the show. We could still have the three rooms as the club decided last year if the show runs one week instead of two. The dates could span July 1 and 4.
4. We could run a ten day show in two rooms if we reduce our publicity and reception expenses by $200.
5. We could all agree to pay more than $75.
I am hoping that your responses to this blog will point us in the right direction. We should go into the May 10 meeting with: the # of participants established; the dates firmed up; and # of rooms to be rented. All other decisions will then easily fall into place that night.
If you are now signing up to participate, please do so on the Sign Up Eclectic Vision Blog.